You can tell if you're in step with Exodus pretty simply by this point: 1) can you sing Exodus 15? (or, to be kinder, could you sing it if you could sing?) or 2) could you attend, at least, Ex 15:20-21?
There are plenty of events/topics to discuss in these three chapters. Where to start? In the previous chapter, Exodus 12, we read something that really hasn't been touched on since the beginning of the Bible. It's all well and good to be against something: the world (Gen 6-8); the tower of Babel (Gen 11); Pharaoh's holding the Egyptians in servitude (Ex 1-12); but NOW, that we are a group ... what are we headed for, when there's nothing against us in sight? What are we supposed to be about, and doing?
Answer 1: go where you're supposed to. In this case, follow the pillar and the cloud.
Answer 2: do what you're supposed to. Ex 12:14-27, for example, teaching yourselves and your children an object lesson based on learning the history that has happened.
Answer 2, to me, is amazing. Well, they both are amazing. Answer 1: At the beginning of their independence, the Israelites had clear guidance of supernatural origin. Answer 2: this is the difference between this religion and all forms of a do-it-yourself religion: the religion that we "do," whatever it is, must be in appropriate response to what has been done (that we didn't do, God did).
Answer 3: Remind yourself what's happened, in case you forget, or conveniently forget, the great beginning, how you got here.
- ► 2017 (59)
- New Year: Lev 7-9 for Jan 31
- New Year: Lev 4-6 for Jan 30
- New Year: Lev 1-3 for Jan 29
- New Year: Ex 38-40 for Jan 28
- New Year: Ex 35-37 for Jan 27
- New Year: Ex 32-34 for Jan 26
- New Year: Ex 29-31 for Jan 25
- New Year: Ex 26-28 for Jan 24
- New Year: Ex 23-25 for Jan 23
- New Year: Ex 19-22 for Jan 22
- New Year: Ex 16-18 for Jan 21
- New Year: Ex 13-15 for Jan 20
- New Year: Ex 10-12 for Jan 19
- New Year: Ex 7-9 for Jan 18
- New Year: Ex 4-6 for Jan 17
- New Year: Ex 1-3 for Jan 16
- New Year: Gen 48-50 for Jan 15
- New Year: Gen 44-47 for Jan 14
- New Year: Gen 41-43 for Jan 13
- New Year: Gen 38-40 for Jan 12
- New Year: Gen 35-37 for Jan 11
- New Year: Gen 32-34 for Jan 10
- New Year: Gen 29-31 for Jan 9
- New Year: Gen 25-28 for Jan 8
- New Year: Gen 22-24 for Jan 7
- New Year: Gen 18-21 for Jan 6
- New Year: Gen 15-17 for Jan 5
- New Year: Gen 11-14 for Jan 4
- New Year: Gen 8-10 for Jan 3
- New Year: Gen 4-7 for Jan 2
- New Year: Gen 1-3 for Jan 1
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2006 (24)